HOW TO CONNECT YOUR PETCAM FOR THE FIRST TIME:
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TRIED TO SETUP AND ITS NOT WORKING FOR YOU SKIP DOWN TO #7 + #8
Here is a detailed step by step setup description for your new HD PetCam:
1. Your PETCAM box should contain the following mandatory pieces. 1-PetCam 1-ethernet connection cable 1-power supply 1-mounting bracket 1-CD 1-mounting kit (screws and wall anchors) 1-quick install sheet
2. Locate your router in your home and plug in the enclosed ethernet cable into the back of the camera and any available port in your home router.
3. Locate the enclosed power supply and connect it from any wall outlet to the back of the camera.
4. Download your free app from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store on your smartphone or tablet. The name of the app is P2PIPC
5. Once the app in installed on your smartphone or tablet open it and it will open to the main page that says ADD CAMERA along the top.
6. If you have already been experimenting unsuccessfully and have created a connection that is not operating you should delete it at this time so you can start fresh.
7. To delete any cameras that have already been created but not operating simply press the EDIT button on the top right of the ADD CAMERA page and the app will let you select the camera to delete.
8. Your're now ready to add your PETCAM with a fresh start.
9. Select ADD CAMERA and the screen will change to a new page that will give you the option to SCAN QR CODE or SEARCH NETWORK. Select SCAN QR CODE.
10. Your screen has changed now to a screen that has opened your smartphone or tablet camera.
11. Place your smartphone or tablet directly over the QR CODE on the bottom of your new PETCAM and let it read the QR CODE. The QR CODE is a black square located directly on the bottom of the camera.
12. Once the QR CODE is scanned your screen will return to the ADD CAMERA page and display ON LINE.
13. THIS IS THE KEY PART OF THE ENTIRE SETUP OF YOUR PETCAM. DO NOT DISCONNECT ANY CABLES OR POWER AT THIS TIME.
14. While on the ADD CAMERA page you'll see that your PetCam is now on-line and has a small letter "I" (iPhones) or a star symbol (Android phones). Press that symbol and the screen will now display a page that you can
select your WiFi system in your home and enter your WiFi password if you have one. Then press DONE on the top right of the screen.
15. Grap a cup of coffee and relax for about 3 to 4 minutes while the PetCam and your router communicate with each other. The camera will do nothing for about 30 seconds and then begin to move during this process.
16. Once all motion has stopped with your camera there will be a solid green light on the back and a flashing yellow light as well. This means all the configurations have been made for you and you're ready to
disconnect both the ethernet and power supply from the PetCam.
17. Move the PetCam to wherever you want it to be and only place the power supply back into the camera.
18. Have another cup of coffee while the camera now uses all those configurations to communicate with your router. The camera will once again not move for 30 seconds and then begin to move for about 3 minutes again.
19. Only after the PetCam stops moving will you select your camera image on the ADD CAMERA page and TA-DA you're live and in living color.
20. Most people tend to be impatient with waiting the 3 minutes and panic when the camera displays OFF LINE or TIMEOUT. The PetCam will sucessfully connect after the entire process is complete.
21. If you decide to move your PetCam you DO NOT have to do the entire process over again. Just move it, plug it into power again and wait the 3 minutes (yes more coffee) for it to reconnect with your routers WiFi signal and you're
ready to Pet-Peep.