Quantcast

Author   Comment  
probe3

Reply with quote  #1 
I have the IPCC-7210W camera for about 8 months now and everything has been working fine. I 've noticed after this cameras first Midwest winter that I now have foggy images at night. I'm assuming a bit of water got in to the enclosure somehow and is forming condensation on the glass during cooler nights but is anyone else experiencing this?
probe3

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by probe3
I have the IPCC-7210W camera for about 8 months now and everything has been working fine. I 've noticed after this cameras first Midwest winter that I now have foggy images at night. I'm assuming a bit of water got in to the enclosure somehow and is forming condensation on the glass during cooler nights but is anyone else experiencing this?
foggy.JPG 

IPCC

Reply with quote  #3 
  1. You may want to have a close look at the camera lens when you notice the "foggy" picture and use a flash light to get more details. 
  2. You may find an accumulation of dust on the glass cover of the lens. In that case you may use a soft cloth with lens cleaning liquid to clean the glass covering the lens. You will not notice the dust during day time.
  3. If you notice condensation on the glass covering the lens, outside of the camera, it may be due to high humidity in the air, and temperature differences between the air and the body of the camera.
  4. If the condensation is inside the camera, then you may have to take off the lens cover, by opening the 4 screws holding the cover. Afterwards take off the cover and dry out the space. Leave it open in dry and warm place. Close the lens cover back tight. When installing the camera back to the wall, use the clear GE silicone II weatherproof (available at Home Depot) to seal any space left between the camera bracket and wall.

probe3

Reply with quote  #4 
I have taken apart the lens cover and noticed the screws holding it on where a bit loose. I cleaned the glass outside and inside of the lens cover with 70% isopropyl alcohol. I used a can of air to spray away any moisture within the camera body (I didn't see any moisture).

Also I have cleaned particulates around the rubber gasket to make sure no moisture gets in. I let the camera air out for 24 hours inside the house, when I re-installed it the image was a bit more clearer during the day but at night the "fogginess" looks like it got worse then before. Any other ideas to get rid of this? 

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 9.50.59 AM.png 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.